Dear patient families,
We hope you are well during these unusual and difficult times. We want to reassure you that at North Suburban Pediatrics, we are responding to the current pandemic by making changes to ensure the safety of our patients and of our community. We are fortunate that COVID-19 does not commonly affect children in a significant way, and according to recent data, it appears that children are not a common cause of the transmission of the illness, making our offices unlikely places for exposure to the illness.
It is important that our patients continue their regular visits and immunization schedules to avoid preventable illness or other conditions. Thus, in light of the ongoing ‘Stay at Home’ order for Illinois, we have implemented the following policies:
- We have instituted a “zero-waiting room policy” where patients are escorted into exam rooms immediately, ensuring there is no exposure to other patients
- All rooms thoroughly disinfected in between ALL patient encounters, including after well children are seen
- All doctors and staff are masked and following strict protocols to avoid the spread of COVID-19 on surfaces and through the air
- We ask that only one parent/adult accompany each child at a visit to limit the number of people in our office if possible and that adults and children over the age of 2 years old wear a mask or other covering over their nose and mouth
- Telehealth Appointments: In certain circumstances, we are offering telehealth, or online, appointments during regular hours. When you call the office, this type of visit may be offered to you based on the discretion of the medical staff
Changes to our walk-in hour: In order to adapt to the current situation, we are temporarily adding a walk-in telehealth hour from 8:00 am – 9:00 am Monday through Friday. Please use your smartphone (preferred for better video quality) or tablet/computer with microphone and webcam capabilities to open one the following sites:
- doxy.me/NSPEV for Evanston patients
- doxy.me/NSPBG for Buffalo Grove patients
Patients will enter into the “virtual waiting room” to wait for a doctor to initiate a visit. Please note, the virtual waiting rooms will NOT be monitored outside of walk in hours and are ONLY for established patients of our practice.
We are implementing these measures to maximize patient safety and the safety of the community, in accordance with the most up-to-date guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Illinois Department of Public Health, and the CDC.
Please visit our website (www.northsuburbanpediatrics.com) on a regular basis and follow us on social media (Facebook, Instagram) for the latest information regarding changes at the practice.
The best sources of additional information are
- The CDC www.cdc.gov
- Illinois Department of Public Health www.DPH.illinois.gov
- American Academy of Pediatrics www.aap.org
- Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago www.luriechildrens.org
- NorthShore University HealthSystem www.northshore.org
The doctors and staff at North Suburban Pediatrics