Dear Patient Families,
We hope this email finds you and your family healthy and faring well through this winter season.
New information about COVID infection and athletics:
- COVID-19 infection has been shown to cause myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle) in some mildly symptomatic or even asymptomatic children and teens.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the following for all patients who have tested positive for COVID-19, even if they are asymptomatic:
- All patients require at least 14 days without symptoms before returning to exercise or athletic competition.
- All patients should be cleared for return to sports by their physician.
- Please contact the office to schedule an appointment.
Ongoing importance of scheduling well-child check-ups:
- We are taking all safety precautions for in-person office visits in accordance with CDC and state health department guidelines.
- It is vital that all patients have their regularly scheduled check-ups to monitor their physical and mental health and well-being.
- It is especially important that infants and young children stay current with their regular immunizations.
We are hopeful that 2021 will bring everyone new beginnings and continued health!
The Physicians at North Suburban Pediatrics